Lorain County EITC
Coalition offers Free Tax Preparation on Super Saturdays
The Lorain County Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Coalition is
offering free tax preparation and resources to the community
during tax season. The Lorain County EITC Coalition will be
devoting the first three Saturdays in February to working with
individuals and families on tax preparations.
The EITC is a federal tax credit for low to moderate income
workers. In general, individuals and couples who made $60,000 or
less in 2013 are able to connect to free tax preparation
services. This credit can be worth up to $487 for an individual
and $6,044 for a family with three or more qualifying children.
The maximum EITC for 2013 is as follows:
• $6,044 with three or more qualifying children;
• $5,372 with two qualifying children;
• $3,250 with one qualifying child;
• $487 with no qualifying child.
Professionals will be in various locations throughout Lorain
County to help with tax preparations and to offer financial
literacy counseling. Representatives will also be available to
discuss Affordable Care Act options.
The Super Saturday dates and locations are as follows:
• Feb. 1 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Lorain Public Library,
351 Sixth St in Lorain;
• Feb. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Ohio Business College,
5095 Waterford Dr in Sheffield Village;
• Feb. 8 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club, 4111
Pearl Ave in Lorain;
• Feb. 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Elyria Public Library,
1194 West River Rd N in Elyria;
• Feb. 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Lorain Public Library,
351 Sixth St in Lorain.
These free tax preparation sessions will be offered on a walk-in
basis with no appointments needed. For more information on the
Super Saturday events or the Lorain County EITC Coalition,
please call 2-1-1, United Way of Greater Lorain County’s First
Call For Help.